Looking for a simple text overprint?
Are you looking for a custom overprint that includes something else than a simple text, maybe your logo or your clients custom graphic? Great, but there is a little more work involved. Please follow our instructions.
Graphical overprint is a great option of putting your logo on the back of the book.
If you plan to order more books with it, let us know and we will make more in advance.
- Think of the overprint as a sophisticated version of t-shirt foil printing. There are limitations. We can only use simple monochromatic images without layers and with a transparent background.
- Because the overprint holds to a linen with a glue, there is a minimum line thickness that will hold to Lux / Natural linens. Lines must be even thicker on premium pastel linens because of their rough surface.
- There should be plenty of space between lines as well so they do not bleed together.
There are two ways to make it happen:
Do it yourself:
- We need Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape or Corel files in vectors converted to curves.
Common error is to save regular JPG file as Vector file.
It will just change the extension keeping the bitmap data inside and we can't use it!
You need to CONVERT the file. There is an easy way:
We can do it for you:
If you can't prepare a vector file we will have to do it for you.
Please send us the biggest JPG you can possibly can and we will convert the file for you by tracing it.
This takes a lot of time and we will charge you 35EUR/USD or 30GBP.
In that case you need to select Overprint design help add on in the first step of the album config.
After you upload your files you need to specify the following:
- Width of the overprint (important!!!). For example "18cm wide overprint on 25x25cm cover"
- Color of the overprint (white / black / gold / silver)
- Position of the overprint. By default : visual center
^---- By sending instructions as detailed as these you make the production team dance and your book shipped faster! :)